Friday, September 26, 2008

Conflict


I know I am probably going off the deep-end here. I have been reading these books, Twilight and New Moon by Stephanie Meyer. You know...everyone is in love with Edward Cullen. Yeah well that includes me! Ha! Me in love with a 17 year old vampire...who would have thought?? [I'm getting off subject though.]




These books, being about vampires and such, have really made me start thinking about the good/evil conflict that goes on around us. Really in everything we do. Edward is supposedly evil since he is a vampire, but chooses to do good. I think everyone is in that same situation...no not the whole vampire-thing! Don't we all have choices to make every day that determines whether we are good or not?? And I am talking about tiny, miniscule things also, smiling at a stranger, holding open a door for someone, etc etc.




I consider myself a good person, but what if I'm not?? Obviously, I'm not gonna kill anyone, or kidnap a baby, or burn down a house...but what about the little things?? Do I ignore them too much??




I am grateful that this series has given me something besides butterflies in my stomach!! I am definitely working on the little things now. I always want to strive to be a better person, but sometimes I think I get stagnant and don't progress in that area. But then again, don't we all??






1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I love these books!!!!! I can't wait for the movie!!! 11-21-08!!!!!