Thursday, September 11, 2008

We will never forget...

World Trade Center Pictures, Images and Photos

With all that has been going on, I had totally forgotten today's date! I turned on the tv to see what was on the news this morning, and was suddenly reminded. I felt like I needed to post something as a reminder.

I was actually in bed when I heard the world trade center had been hit. I was working 2nd shift at Walmart and didn't go to bed until late the night before. When I heard it on the radio, I thought the guys on the radio were telling a story or joke or something...then the reality hit. I had classes at Motlow, which was why the alarm/radio was going off in the first place. I went on to school, where we proceeded to do nothing but watch the tv in my first class. The teacher in my second class finally sent us home. We didnt have a tv at home at the time, so I spent the rest of the day at my in-laws house watching the horror unfold.

I will never forget the sickening feeling that I felt that day, the sadness that I felt for those who were in the buildings and also for their families and loved ones. I also felt much pride for those who gave their lives for others, and continue to do so. Many heroes were created that day.

I just want to say thank you to all the emergency personel that risked their lives, those that chose to sacrifice themselves in the Pennsylvania field, those that volunteered their time to search for survivors, and especially the many troops that are serving overseas, as well as those that have come home already.

0 comments: