Monday, May 12, 2008

The Zoo Crew

Today I went on a field trip with Braden and his class to the Nashville Zoo at Grassmere. He got to ride the bus [which he LOVES!!] and a bunch of us moms drove behind. Unfortunately, the bus is why he had his first meltdown of the day. He did not want to get off!!
His second meltdown happened not too long after, when everyone decided to go into the building where the snakes are. They didn't allow strollers in, and he wasn't calm enough to get him out yet. He was upset that everyone left him! I was beginning to think that I made a horrible mistake by bringing him.
After that meltdown, we got moving a little faster, and started seeing the animals. He calmed down, for the most part, and seemed to have fun. I was very proud of him and how he acted. Everyone got really tired and fell asleep on the way home.
Here are some pics of the trip [not in the right order] I LOVE giraffes!! This little guy was pretty close to the fence, so we got a good look at him.

The elephants were really beautiful.


This is Braden and his teacher Ms. Jamie.

Braden and Thomas having a drink.


Lunch time!!


Some kind of monkey-like creature. :)

The class made their shirts. Braden's is his handprint-turned-elephant.

He is so stinkin' cute!!


I'm not sure what this face is.


Braden and Jordan going for a ride.


We had a great time. [I am just glad that I finally had something to blog about!!]

5 comments:

TabithaK said...

Your kids are so adorable! I loved having Logan in nursery (seems like forever ago!) He was a handful but he was so cute!

Unknown said...

Looks like lots of fun. I love the shirt! Such a cute idea.

Kim said...

How fun! I showed the picture of Braden and Thomas to Caleb and he was so excited. He loved Thomas last year in preschool.
Love the t-shirts--what a great idea!!!

Rachel said...

sounds like so much fun! I am glad that Braden only hada couple of meltdowns!

Kristi said...

I understand about school buses. Last year Katie went on a lot of field trips and I always took Chas, except he wasn't allowed to ride the bus, so he cried all the way there and back because he couldn't ride the bus. This happened every time. It looks like overall it was a great trip for your kids.