Friday, November 23, 2007

But it's FREE!!


For years and years I worked at Wal-Mart. I ALWAYS had to work the day after Thanksgiving. That meant of course that I never got to shop the sales. I guess I didn't really want to, but not having the option to was torture.


When I finally quit I decided that I would go in Wal-Mart during the blitz (Wal-Mart lingo for the after-Thanksgiving deals) just because I could. Well, I was hooked. Now I am not one of these crazy people that would stand in line for hours just to get a toy or electronics. I do, however, enjoy the hustle and bustle of the beginning of the Christmas season.



That's right...I said I ENJOY going shopping on black Friday.




(I am getting way off the original subject here!)



Ok...So I get up at 3 am this morning so I can get a shower and be at JC Penney by 4 am, when they opened. As I am standing in line I hear a few people talking about why they are also there, standing in line at 4 am. It isn't the great sales, it is the free snow globe you get. You read it correctly, we fools were standing in line for a freakin' snow globe! (And I do this every year.) How funny are we as humans to go to such great lengths just to get something free?!!


Now I didn't buy anything at JC Penney and I am not sure about the other people either. I had to hurry because my next stop was Wal-Mart, where nothing is free, but the prices are good. I would not have otherwise went to Penney's. I am sure that if they stop the snow globes that they will lose business.



People just like free things and will do crazy things to get them!

1 comments:

Cynthia said...

You get up too early!