Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

We had Thanksgiving early at our house. We ate yesterday because Trad has to work all day on Thanksgiving. We combined it with Logan's birthday.



I made the usual food. We had turkey and dressing, ham, mashed potatoes, potato salad, cranberry sauce, mac and cheese, corn casserole, broccoli casserole, watergate salad, peas, green beans, gravy, strawberry salad and rolls.




Most people come for the broccoli and corn casseroles. I make the broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes and peas for my brother, Jamie. I usually only get to cook for him once or twice a year, so I always make them. Mike, April's husband comes for the corn casserole. This year I added the strawberry salad to the menu. My Aunt Sue always makes it for Christmas and I always love it. I decided to get the recipe and try it out for myself. It was easy to make and everyone loved it too. If there is one thing that I have brought to the family it is the love of casseroles.



Nikki & Kyle
All the nephews and Nikki are growing up so fast. They are all taller than I am besides Nikki. I remember when they were all so little. Chris will be 18 in just a few weeks. He was only 7 when I came into the picture. Nikki was only 2. I have watched them grow up over the years but it seems like it happened all at once. I blinked and all 5 of them aren't little kids anymore. I guess it will be the same way with Kaylee and my kids.

My brother Jamie (I think he looks like a writer in those clothes and hairstyle.)

My brother is one of the biggest sources of stress in my life. Mostly because I let him be though. I feel like I have to be his sister and his mother since Mama died. I am getting better about letting him make his own choices and mistakes without saying anything. I want him to have the best life he can have. He has settled down somewhat. He has a steady job and just got a promotion. He seems to like it and that makes me really happy.


Grandpa & Abigail

Trad's dad sure does love all the girls in the family. He preferred his daughters over his sons. He now prefers his granddaughters over his grandsons. He is particularly sweet when he talks to Abby. She just smiles back at him. I hope that he is around long enough for her to remember him when she gets older.

The other Jamie & Abby

This is the other Jamie. To make things confusing, she is Jamie's girlfriend. So either way you go you have Jamie. She really loves Abby. (I think she loves all kids). She has some nieces and nephews that are little too. Abby took to her pretty well. I think that she has been a good thing for Jamie. I hope that continues.

I am thankful for all of my family this year. I think I am especially thankful because I know our little family is complete. Abby is the last of the family. This is the first Thanksgiving with the complete "P" family. I think that yesterday was a wonderful day and I am glad that I was able to celebrate it with my family.

0 comments: