Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankfulness...

I feel like we get wrapped up in the holidays every year. The cooking and cleaning and shopping tends to take away from the actual day itself. I just want to take the time to reflect on the things that I am thankful for...

  • big hugs when I pick up my boys from school
  • the time I get to spend with Trad when he gets home at night
  • forgiveness
  • memories of my mother
  • my very good friends who I feel I can go to for anything
  • seeing my daughter developing normally
  • the plan of salvation
  • old movies and musicals
  • butterscotch
  • modern medicine
  • a wonderful country to live in
  • good books
  • digital cameras
  • the rain
  • milkshakes
  • waterfalls
  • a handwritten cookbook of my mama's
  • trips to Gatlinburg
  • contacts
  • wildflowers
  • rice krispie treats
  • comfortable shoes
  • time with my family

I could go on and on. These things make me happy. I am happy with my life right now. I could always use some improvement though! Things are difficult sometimes and it isn't always fun, but I wouldn't trade my life with anyone else's. I am very thankful this year. My family is complete and I am most thankful for that.

1 comments: