Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Happy Birthday Mama

Today would have been my mother's 62nd birthday. It is hard for me to deal with such days. Her birthday, my birthday, the day she died, they are all so emotional for me. I have actually tried not to think about it much today.

I remember at holidays, or birthdays, or when my boys were born, she would cry and say she wished Granny (her mom) was here to see it. I always told her she shouldn't be thinking of such things, but I am doing the same thing. I didn't realize how hard it was to lose your mother. I guess no one does until it happens. If I could go back I would be so much more compassionate and understanding. Hindsight is 20/20!!

I miss her so much. I wish every day that she could see my little girl. Braden was her whole world. He was truly the happiest time of her life. I feel like she deserved more time than what she was given. I know that she is in a much better place now where she isn't sick or in pain. I also know that she can watch her grandkids grow up even though she can't be here with them.

Happy birthday Mama.

0 comments: